Tao Los Angeles. Located at 6421 Selma Ave. This enormous, clubby Pan-Asian restaurant is known for a giant Buddha centerpiece and stylish crowd.
» show more
Upon arrival at TAO Los Angeles, guests immediately encounter a corridor with a dragon scale patterned screen, unique artwork and murals mounted on weathered brick walls.
A grand staircase connects TAO’s ground and lower level seating, creating the ultimate platform to see-and-be-seen. The custom staircase includes round banquettes and Chinese daybed-influenced sofas. As in New York, a 20-ft tall Quan Yin statue stands atop a koi pond; using 3D projection mapping technology, Rockwell Group’s LAB designed subtle animations bring this signature statue to life.
Chef/partner Ralph Scamardella oversees the massive menu of mostly Asian-style fare, with classic bites like the Chilean seabass satay skewers, barbecue pork buns, lobster fried rice, Peking duck for two, and even a full sushi list. It’s a catch-all that might turn some folks off in its scope. But others will appreciate that there’s literally something for everyone on this menu, which might explain why it’s packed to gills every night. Open 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday to Wednesday, and until midnight Thursday to Saturday.
With years of event experience, our VIP Nightlife team can take your ideas from an inspiration to a fully executed, once-in-a-lifetime occasion. Let us plan your next great night out in LA. Call us quick and easy: 323 604 6030.
» show less
What To Know
Music: Open Format
Best for: Celeb sightings
Average Line: 20 -40min
Price: $$ -$$$
Attire: Upscale, Trendy
When To Visit
Hours of Operation
Mon 6-11pm, Tue-Fri 6p-12am
Sat 5p-12am, Sun 5-11pm
Where To Go
Tao Los Angeles
6421 Selma Ave
Hollywood, CA 90028
• Dynamic two level space
• 2 Skybox semi private dining rooms seating up to 26
• 2 Quan Yin semi private dining rooms seating up to 12
• Large full service bar featuring premium mixology
• Acclaimed cuisine by Chef Partner Ralph Scamardella
• Quan Yin sculpture with custom projection animations
• Barrel vault ceiling with original bow trusses
• Expect to pay $16-$21 for mixed drinks/ cocktails.
• Wines by the glass $14-$26; and Sake $14-$175.
• Bottles start at $500-$600 & it goes up from there.
• Reservations should be made two weeks in advance.
• Hours: 5-11PM Sun & Mon; and until 12AM Tue-Sat.
Best Night/s To Go:
• Weekends, Fri & Sat.
• Tao Los Angeles is open 7-nights a week.
• A-list celeb sightings almost nightly.
Best Table Location:
• Tao L.A offers two signature Skybox dining options
• Seats up to 20 guests.
• Located on upper level; overlooking main dining room.
• You can survey the scene below from your own private perch.
Where To Park:
• Valet parking in front of Dream Hollywood hotel, $30.
• Expect long wait times to retrieve car from valet.
• There’s also street/ parking; if arrive early. *Don’t forget to feed meter till midnight.
• Paid -self park lots nearby: 1555 N Vine, $10. 1544 N Cahuenga, $10. 1611 Cosmo, $15. 1620 N Cahuenga, $10.
How To Best Dress
Dress to impress! Collared shirt / jeans / dress shoes for guys. Avoid anything considered athletic attire (e.g. track suit, jersey, hats, etc).